Everyone wants to have superpowers, but unless you have a radioactive spider handy, you probably won’t acquire the skills necessary to save the world from an alien invasion. Nevertheless, you do have superpowers — in your mouth. A smile is the world’s most powerful gesture. Here, your cosmetic dentist in McKinney lists just a few remarkable things that your grin can accomplish.
Your Amazing Smile
When you turn that frown upside down, you can:
- Boost your mood. Smiling releases endorphins that can make you happier, even if the smile is fake at first.
- Make other people happier. Humans tend to imitate the facial expressions of those around them, so you can light up an entire room just by smiling!
- Appear more attractive. Studies have found that smiling women who aren’t wearing any makeup are more attractive to men than stoic women who have perfect makeup. Why spend hundreds of dollars on cosmetics when all you have to do is show off your gorgeous grin?
- Extend your life. Emotional health is essential to your overall well-being. Since smiling makes you happier, it could extend your life by as much as seven years!
- Advance your career. People who smile a lot are often perceived as being more successful, approachable, and confident than frowny-faced people. Your boss might notice the new spring in your step and realize that you have what it takes to succeed in a higher position.
- Sound friendlier. People can “hear” a smile, so you should smile even when you’re talking on the phone if you want to make a good impression.
- Turn back the clock. If you have more than a few decades of life experience, you might just need to smile to regain a bit of your youth. Research has shown that smiling seniors are often perceived as being younger than their age.
- Appear thinner. That’s right — smiling people look thinner than frowning people. This may be because a frown seems to “weigh down” the face.
- Improve your marriage. Folks who smile a lot tend to have greater success in marriage — probably because no one wants to live with a Danny Downer or Negative Nancy.
Unleash Your Smile’s Potential
The average person smiles about 20 times a day, but we hope you smile a lot more than that! Having a confident smile can bring you all sorts of benefits, including those listed above. But what if you hesitate to smile because of aesthetic flaws in your teeth?
At Serene Family Dental, we offer services that can improve the appearance of your teeth and help you harness your smile’s full potential. Dr. Lee would be happy to discuss your options for cosmetic services, whether you want something as simple as teeth whitening in McKinney or you want a more comprehensive smile makeover with porcelain veneers in McKinney. It may not be long before your fabulous pearly whites are turning heads wherever you go!
About Dr. Lee
Dr. Rana Lee has more than 20 years of experience in dentistry. She is passionate about helping all of her patients achieve healthy, attractive smiles. If you have questions about how cosmetic dentistry may be able to benefit you, please contact our office at 214-446-5477.